2018 ANNUAL MEETING and REUNION DATES: JUNE 13 & 14, 2018!
*** This post will be kept updated with new information as it becomes available ***
(Last updated on March 25, 2018)
The annual Delano Kindred Reunion Meeting will be held in Fairhaven, MA, on June 13 and 14, 2018
. This year we are returning to our geographic roots and focusing on connecting the Delanos with the old families of the Fairhaven area, for example Henry H. Rogers, the West family for which West Island is named, Philippe's uncle John Cooke, and of course Warren Delano and his family.
Based on a number of comments and some past experience, we will be trying out some new ideas this year:
- This is a mid-week meeting (Wednesday and Thursday) to take advantage of availability of facilities in the Fairhaven area and keep costs down for everyone.
- Although we did block off a number of rooms at the Fairhaven Hampton Inn (reservation details are listed below), we will not be conducting our presentations and meetings at the hotel. Instead, we will be conducting our Wednesday activities at the beautiful Millicent Library in downtown Fairhaven and our Thursday activities at the West Island Improvement Association facilities on Fairhaven's spectacular West Island.
To view or download directions to the Millicent Library, click here .
To view or download directions to the West Island meeting location, click here .
- We will have only one planned dinner together, that being a buffet on Thursday at West Island in conjunction with our annual meeting and traditional "cocktail hour."
- We are in the process of lining up speakers for both days to remind us about our connections to the old families of Fairhaven and point out places to visit in our free time while we are in the area.
- We will not be organizing a formal "tour" for this meeting. Instead, we will provide a number of great suggestions for places with Delano connections to visit.
The Hampton Inn in Fairhaven has agreed to hold a block of rooms for us at $159.00 + tax for a standard room with 2 double beds or 1 king bed. These rooms will be held until May 13, 2018
, so if you would like to stay there, you need to reserve your room before that date. Guests may reserve rooms by calling the hotel directly at 1-508-990-8500
and referring to the Delano Kindred Reunion Block, online at www.newbedfordfairhaven.hamptoninn.com, or by calling 1-800-HAMPTON and referring to Group/Convention code DKR.
MEETING REGISTRATION FORM
To view or download the Reunion Registration Form (Parts 1 and 2), click here
. Please complete both parts 1 and 2 of the forms with a check for the appropriate amount and send them to our Treasurer, Cousin David Grinnell, whose address is on the form, by 13 May 2018.
This will be a very interesting and memorable event. We hope to see you there and enjoy your company!
We will post a Reunion Flyer for the meeting as soon as a few more details are firmed up. If you're considering staying at the Hampton Inn or the Delano Homestead, feel free to make your reservations there now while rooms are more available. In the mean time, please SAVE THESE DATES and plan on joining us in June!