EARLY ORDERS for DUXBURY - OUR PILGRIM STORY
We are delighted to announce that the Duxbury Rural & Historical Society is now accepting early orders for the much anticipated publication "Duxbury, Our Pilgrim Story: a 2020 Perspective". There are two chapters in this book which focus on our Delano heritage; these were contributed by our genealogist, Muriel Curtis Cushing, and our newsletter editor, George B. DeLano.
Click here to view or download the order form for this book. Here is a brief summary of what's in the book.
Duxbury?s commemorative publication for Plymouth 400 featuring essays by twelve local historians each with a unique look into Duxbury?s early settlers. Also featured is a compelling perspective by an independent scholar of the Wampanoag nation. Essays include:
- Duxbury?s Archeological History
- The Pilgrim Connection to Clark?s Island
- Duxbury?s Early Lands and Leaders
- Adventuresome William Collier
- Backstory to Colonization
- John and Priscilla Alden of Duxbury
- Day-to-Day Life in the 17th Century
- Priscilla and Her Children
- Along Ancient Paths
- Searching for the Old Burying Ground
- The Delano Family
- and Duxbury?s Myles Standish Monument
LET'S BE SOCIAL
- Login to explore...
- Apply for Membership
- Membership Categories
- Dues Structure
- Preliminary Genealogy Form