...to the new DELANO KINDRED Web Site!
The DELANO KINDRED was founded in 1991 for the purpose of exploring the ancestry and genealogy of our common ancestor, Philippe de Lanoy. Philippe was born to Jan and Marie de Lanoy around 1602 in Leiden, Holland, and was baptized there on the 6th of November, 1603. In 1621, Philippe arrived in Plimoth (now Plymouth, Massachusetts) on the ship Fortune and some time later changed his name to Philip Delano. He is the progenitor of the Delano family in America.
The latest DELANO KINDRED NEWS items are displayed below. Note that only the most recent entry is displayed on this page... click on "Older Posts" in the black bar below to see other recent posts. The menus above and on the side lead to a lot more information about the DELANO KINDRED and this web site. Check out the new Reference Library and Shop tabs at the top of the page, and take advantage of the very powerful "Search Site" facility.
Are you already a Delano Kindred member? There is more news and a lot more for members to see on this web site, so CLICK HERE to log in!
We hope that you find the site useful and enjoy your visit. (Don't forget to click on "Older Posts" to see the other recent posts!)
2021 Annual Meeting Information UPDATED 21 June 2021
ANNUAL MEETING NOTICE: September 17-19, 2021.
The 2021 Delano Kindred Annual Meeting, to be held both in-person and virtually via ZOOM, is scheduled for September 17-19, 2021, in Plymouth, Massachusetts. The Annual Business Meeting will be at 1 PM (Eastern time) on Saturday the 18th. This post will be kept updated as new information becomes available. Registration will be available via this website.
16 June 2021 - The Agenda is set and REGISTRATION is ALMOST OPEN. Please click on the link at the end of this post to register for either the Annual Meeting via ZOOM (1 PM Eastern time on Saturday, September 18) or to attend the Annual Meeting and Reunion in person. For ZOOM attendees, a valid, unique email address for each individual attendee is required to receive the ZOOM meeting credentials. For in-person attendees, a valid, unique email address is required for the person completing the registration, but is not required for any of his/her guests.
For those attending in person, here is what's happening (all times are EASTERN time):
- Friday, September 17
- 10 - 11:30 AM: Early registration, genealogy chit-chat with Muriel, and "social hour" in the Baymont's conference room.
- 12:15 - 1:00 PM: Registration in the Plimoth Patuxet Museums Accomack Room
- 1:00 - 2:00 PM: Speaker - Jennifer Sinsigalli (author of Before the Mayflower, a work of historical fiction describing life in Leiden in 1609-1625) on Leiden in the Early 17th Century
- 2:00 - 3:00 PM: Speaker - Carolyn Ravenscroft (Historian, Duxbury Rural & Historical Society) on the Samuel Delano Logbook, Amasa Delano's voyages and their influence on Herman Melville's short novel Benito Cereno
- 3:00 - 4:00 PM: Speaker & Video - Carolyn Ravenscroft - Myles Standish Burying Ground tour and rededication of the restored Benoni Delano marker
- 6:00 - 8:00 PM: Guided tour of the Alden House Historic Site with hors d'oeuvres
- 7:00 PM: Speaker - Desiree Mobed (Alden Kindred Executive Director) on Delano and Alden Connections
- Saturday, September 18
- Saturday morning on your own (suggest visiting Mayflower II or the Museum grounds, passes for sale at the Museum)
- 1:00 - 2:30 PM: Annual Meeting, in-person and via ZOOM for registered attendees in the Accomack Room
- 2:30 PM (or immediately following the Annual Meeting): Group Pictures
- 3:00 - 4:00 PM: Speaker - DK member Becket Soule on After the Mayflower
- 4:00 PM: Vacate Accomack Room to allow setting up for dinner
- 6:00 - 6:45 PM: Cash bar and social hour
- 6:45 - 9:00 PM: Dinner with guest speaker
10 May 2021 - Where to stay: A block of rooms has been secured at the Baymont by Wyndham hotel at 149 Main Street in Kingston, MA for our members on September 17 & 18 for $149.00 (plus tax of $14.45) per night for a double-queen room (non-smoking). Arrival earlier or staying later is an option at $99 (plus tax of $9.60) per night. To receive these rates, you must call the hotel directly at (781) 585-3831 and ask for the Delano Kindred Group Rate before August 1st. If you are a Wyndham Rewards member, you may accumulate points for this reservation but you may not use points to pay for it. If you would like to know a little bit more about where we're staying, click here to check out the Baymont by Wyndham website.
LET'S BE SOCIAL
- Login to explore...
- Apply for Membership
- Membership Categories
- Dues Structure
- Preliminary Genealogy Form