Your last name doesn't have to be DELANO to be part of the DELANO KINDRED.
If your surname is DELANO or one of its derivatives (DeLano, de Lanoy, De Lannoy, de la Noye or other variations), or the DELANO name is somewhere in your family tree, or perhaps you are simply interested in DELANO family history, we'd be delighted to have you join us.
Benefits of Membership
- Assistance of the DELANO KINDRED genealogist and researchers to help you document your ancestry. Our genealogist has documented over 42,000 records (names, photos, documents, etc.) on the DELANO Family tree.
- Receipt of the bi-annual newsletter "Bonnes Nouvelles," (Good Tidings). The newsletter is also available for downloading from this site.
- Opportunity to participate in the DNA testing project.
- Opportunity to participate in our Annual Reunions, which draw family and distinguished speakers from across the country and around the world.
- Access to the "members only" sections of our web site. Here are some highlights:
- Opportunity to leave an imprint of your unique family history for future generations to discover and enjoy through your contributions to the DELANO KINDRED members' web site.
- Access to the archives of the Delano Kindred newsletter, Bonnes Nouvelles (in color!), in PDF format. These can be viewed and saved to your local computer as desired.
- Review new and topical articles from other publications, journals, and resources that illuminate the family history, linage and lore.
- A "for members only" membership directory for connecting with family.
- Ability to post requests for assistance in resolving "Missing Links" in your family history and to help others in resolving theirs.
- Ability to start and participate in discussions about topics of general interest to the Delano Kindred community.
- Access to our digital reference library, which includes:
- the GHAAHD (The Genealogy, History and Alliances of the American House of Delano, 1621-1899), and
- Plymouth Colony Deed records from 1651 to 1671, compiled by Dr. Jeremy Bangs.
Joining the DELANO KINDRED
Delano Kindred memberships run from January 1 to December 31 of each year. If you join during January through September, you will receive all newsletters for the year and your membership will be valid through Dec. 31 of that year. If you join during October through December, you will receive all newsletters for the year and your membership will be valid for the remainder of the current year to Dec. 31 of the following year.
Joining the DELANO KINDRED is easy. Click on this online order form or on the "Shop" tab along the top of the screen and select the "Memberships" option. There you can select the appropriate membership category, purchase a membership and get immediate access to the members-only portions of the website. If you're old-school and prefer hardcopy mail-in application forms, you can access one by clicking here. You'll find our membership categories and dues structure explained on the right sidebar under the MEMBERSHIP LINKS option.
- Login to explore...
- Apply for Membership
- Membership Categories
- Dues Structure
- Preliminary Genealogy Form