The following posts are open to members as well as non-members. We hope you enjoy reading them. Be sure to log in to dive deeper into our site. If you are currently a member, login now. If you are not currently a member, we encourage you to become one by applying here.
In this newsletter we present corrections for two errors in NL#90 regarding a mislabeled picture of Warren Delano I and children of Lyman and Leila Delano. A report on our 2019 Reunion Meeting in Hyde Park, NY, a Letter from our president, Terry Delano, on the upcoming changes to the Delano Kindred website and membership rates, and a summary of our Annual Business Meeting follow. The new membership rates are presented and explained.
We also announce the appointment of Matt Delano as our new Vice President, following the unexpected passing of his father and our Vice President William ("Bill") G. Delano, Jr. We also mourn the loss of cousin Justine Fontaine.
Finally, we report on the successful completion of a project, partially funded by the Delano Kindred, to restore the logbook of the brig Grace by the Duxbury Rural and Historical Society.
The Delano Kindred website has undergone a major transformation. This transformation has brought a new design with cleaner presentation of content. Due to these design changes, it is possible that your web browser (ie: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, etc.) may have older versions of the Delano Kindred website cached. Browsers cache web content in an effort to speed up page load times. Sometimes older cached copies of sites can cause new designs to not render properly until the old cache is cleared. This post is written by one of the designers of our new site to show us how to clear our browser cache. The below tips are for the more popular browsers in use today:
- Open Firefox
- Select the Tools menu
- Select the Options sub-menu
- Click Privacy & Security
- Locate section titled Cookies and Site Data
- Locate and click the button labeled Clear Data...
- Uncheck all options EXCEPT Cached Web Content
- Click the button labeled Clear
- Open Internet Explorer
- Select the Tools menu
- Select the Internet Options sub-menu
- On the General tab locate the section titled Browsing history
- Locate and click the button labeled Delete...
- Uncheck ALL options EXCEPT Temporary Internet files and Cookies
- Click the Delete button
- Open Google Chrome
- Click on the verical elipsis menu on the top right corner
- Click on Settings
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the link that reads Advanced
- Locate the section titled Privacy and security
- Locate and enter the option that reads Clear browsing data
- Choose the Advanced tab
- Uncheck ALL options EXCEPT Cookies and other site data and Cached images and files
- Click the Clear data button
- Open Safari
- Select History
- Select Clear History
- Choose how far back you want your browsing history cleared
Be the First to Comment!
We are delighted to announce that the Duxbury Rural & Historical Society is now accepting early orders for the much anticipated publication "Duxbury, Our Pilgrim Story: a 2020 Perspective". There are two chapters in this book which focus on our Delano heritage; these were contributed by our genealogist, Muriel Curtis Cushing, and our newsletter editor, George B. DeLano.
Click here to view or download the order form for this book. Here is a brief summary of what's in the book.
Duxbury?s commemorative publication for Plymouth 400 featuring essays by twelve local historians each with a unique look into Duxbury?s early settlers. Also featured is a compelling perspective by an independent scholar of the Wampanoag nation. Essays include:
- Duxbury?s Archeological History
- The Pilgrim Connection to Clark?s Island
- Duxbury?s Early Lands and Leaders
- Adventuresome William Collier
- Backstory to Colonization
- John and Priscilla Alden of Duxbury
- Day-to-Day Life in the 17th Century
- Priscilla and Her Children
- Along Ancient Paths
- Searching for the Old Burying Ground
- The Delano Family
- and Duxbury?s Myles Standish Monument
LET'S BE SOCIAL
- Login to explore...
- Apply for Membership
- Membership Categories
- Dues Structure
- Preliminary Genealogy Form